http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Tribute to Fallen LAPD Officer Randall Simmons



A Tribute to Fallen LAPD Officer
Randall Simmons

In the early morning hours of 7 February 2008, LAPD's SWAT officers responded to an armed suspect barricaded inside a residence call. Officer Randy Simmons did not go home at the end of his shift. He sustained a mortal gunshot as he and other fellow officers attempted to breach the barricaded residence. His wound proved fatal and the offender - a troubled man - also died in the exchange of gunfire. Randy's memorial service was held on Friday 15 February 2008.

While we can glean the headlines for information, such facts rarely tell the whole story about a person. Randall Simmons was a profoundly religious man. He is survived by his wife Lisa, daughter
Gabrielle, and son Matthew.

The above video was created by a fellow
police officer who identified himself only as 'Manny'.

In lieu of attending the funeral, Manny patrolled the streets of L.A. as his way of honoring his fallen comrade.
Thank you to Manny for the video vignette of this good, decent man - you have revealed a side of him that most of us would never have known. Thank you also for donning that badge - your commitment to your community makes this world a better place to live in. You and your Department are loved and appreciated. I'm sure you can never hear it enough.

Rest in peace Randall Simmons. God bless you Manny along with all the other men & women who daily put their lives on the line to ensure our safety and security.

May Officer Simmons killer also rest in peace - I'm certain Officer Simmons would have wanted it that way.

Note: you can scroll your cursor through the pictures below in the YouTube Screen when the video is done to view related videos. All you have to do is click on the picture.

Jesus is Love
Lionel Ritchie

Father Help Your children And don't let them fall By the side of the road, mmm...mmm...

And teach them To love one another That Heaven might find A place in their hearts

'Cause Jesus is love He won't let you down And I know He's mine forever Oh, in my heart

We've got to walk on Walk on through temptation 'Cause His love and His wisdom Will be our helpin' hand

And I know the Truth And His words will be our salvation Lift up our hearts To be thankful and glad

That Jesus is love He won't let you down And I know He's mine Deep down in my soul

Jesus is love Oh, yes, He is He won't let you down And I know He's mine, He's mine, He's mine, He's mine, all mine Forever, oh, in my heart Help me, heart, heart Ooh...ooh...

(Deep in my heart) I know, I know, I know, I know Ah, 'cause His love's the power (Power) His love's the glory (Glory) Forever (Ever and ever)

Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah) Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah) Ooh, yeah, yeah (Yeah, yeah)

I wanna follow your star Wherever it leads me And I don't mind, Lord I hope you don't mind

I wanna walk with you And talk with you And do all the things you want me to do 'Cause I know that Jesus

(Jesus is Love, I know) 'Cause I know, Lord (And if you ask, I'll show) (Love is the word forever) And ever and ever

Who can bring you love (Jesus) Who can bring you joy (Jesus) Who can turn your life around (Jesus), oh

Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah) Yeah (Yeah, yeah) Hey

Who will pick you up (Jesus) When you fall (Jesus) Who'll stand beside you (Jesus) Who will love us all

Hey, hey, Jesus (Yeah, yeah) Jesus (Yeah, yeah) Oh, yeah (Yeah, yeah)

One thing I wanna say Who can heal your body (Jesus) Who can make you strong (Jesus) Who can help you to hold out (Jesus) A little while longer

Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah) Yeah (Yeah, yeah) Jesus loves you (Yeah, yeah), Jesus wants you If you call Him, He will answer

(Jesus) Call him in the mornin' (Jesus) Call him in the evenin' (Jesus) Call him in the midnight hour

Hey, hey (Yeah, yeah) Yeah (Yeah, yeah) Yeah, yeah (Yeah, yeah) Yeah, y'all say it for me

(Jesus is love)

No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger