http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hoy - Gloria Estefan




Hoy
Gloria Estefan & Emilio Estefan Jr.

Tengo marcado en el pecho,

In my heart, I have written

todos los días que el tiempo
all of the days that time

no me dejó estar aquí.
did not let me be here.

Tengo una fe que madura,
I have a faith that matures,

que va conmigo y me cura

that goes with me and cures me

desde que te conocí.

since I first saw you

Tengo una huella perdida
I have a hidden footprint

entre tu sombra y la mía,

somewhere between your shadow and mine

qe no me deja mentir.

that will not let me lie.

Soy una moneda en la fuente;
I am a coin in the fountain

tú mi deseo pendiente

(and) you are the enduring wish

mis ganas de revivir.

that I long to relive

Tengo una mañana constante
I have a constant tomorow

y una acuarela esperando

and an watercolor waiting

verte pintado de azul.

to see you painted of blue

Tengo tu amor y tu suerte
I have your love and your luck

y un caminito empinado.

and a steep path
Tengo el mar del otro lado:
I have the sea of the other side

tú eres mi norte y mi sur

you are my north and my south


(Coro)

Hoy voy a verte de nuevo

Today I am going to see you again

voy a envolverme en tu ropa,

I am going to wrap myself in your clothes

susúrrame en tu silencio

whisper myself in your silence

cuando me veas llegar.

when you see me arrive.

Hoy voy a verte de nuevo,
Today, I will see you again

voy a alegrar tu tristeza:

I am going to lighten up your sadness

vamos a hacer una fiesta

we will celebrate

pa' que este amor crezca más.

so that this love grows even more


Tengo una frase colgada,

I have a phrase that hangs

entre mi boca y mi almohada,

between my mouth and my pillow

que me desnuda ante ti.

that leaves me defenseless before you.

Tengo una playa y un pueblo
I have a beach and a people

que me acompañan de noche

that guide me by night

cuando no estas junto a mí.

when you are not here with me.

Tengo una mañana constante
I have a constant tomorrow

y una acuarela esperando

and an watercolor waiting

verte pintado de azul.

to see you painted of blue.

Tengo tu amor y tu suerte
I have your love and your luck

y un caminito empinado.

and a steep path.
Tengo el mar del otro lado:
I have the sea at the other side

tú eres mi norte y mi sur.

you are my north and my south.


(Repetir coro)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger