http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas 2006

Christmas 2006

What a wonderful year it has been.

This is the time of year when my time is spent reflecting on the year as it winds to another end. I have witnessed 12 moonrises which will never pass again. I have been blessed to see a year's worth of sunlit mornings - one of them saw the arrival of my second grand child - Ysabella and the other saw my dear, sweet Jaja start school.

I have witnessed the love and devotion between a young man and woman and the miracle of life which they brought into this world. Their dedication to eachother equally humbling as it is heart-warming. I beam with pride over my daughter and son-in law whom I love as much as though he were my own flesh and blood. He is a kind man who loves his children with all his being. Thank you Kris and Steve for proving that fairy tales do come true. May your blessings continue to multiply as your faith in God and commitment to your children flourishes.

Matthew is the kind of kid that makes your heart warm when he enters a room. He is a big and gentle man. His studies are going well as he approaches graduation.

I have a roof over my head, a home and a life which, I am certain many people long for. I have my own business which is small but sufficient enough to have a good life.

My reasons are varied but mostly because I am compelled to think about what the season means to me.

I seem to have reached an impasse - which, to all intents and purposes isn't really all that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger