http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Sunday, March 26, 2006

On Writing

Our passions may unite us. They may divide us. For me, this realization is equally astonishing but mostly, it is reassuring. I have experienced what it is to be admired and loved as it is to be despised and hated for what I represent or, more importantly, what people believe me to be - or not.

I love to write and what I appreciate most about it is being able to share my thoughts with so many people - thanks to the internet and more specifically, this blog - I know that despite disparate differences between writers and their readership by lifestyle, culture and geography, we all share in a certain commonality of the heart. We share an appreciation for our Humanity. It is my hope that such acknowledgment breeds respect and tolerance.

My writing style has been criticized as being ostentatious, obtuse and excessive in my use of cliches. I appreciate the criticizms because, despite the spirit in which they were delivered, they turned out to be correct. I thank my critics because they have offered me valuable lessons; my writing can always stand improvement. Regardless of where people have stood with me, I always enjoyed the dialogue.

Thus, admire to anyone who has chosen this craft for a livelihood. I am not unfamiliar with sacrifice and I suppose if the truth be known, I will never quit writing but I suspect there are much greater writers who think more broadly and possess the unique ability to see the world in a way that is novel and - more importantly - marketable.

Thank Heaven for the writers and the artists because, History readliy reveals they truly can change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger