http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

You've Got a Friend in Me

You've got a friend in me
Randy Newman

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

If you've got troubles, I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be
A little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever love you
The way I do, it's me and you

Boy, and as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

6 Comments:

At Tue Aug 16, 10:33:00 PM MDT, Blogger Tina said...

Too Cute!!!

Who's the cutie in the pool who bears a resemblance to you?

 
At Tue Aug 16, 10:51:00 PM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

That's my grandson Jaja. Light of my life.

J

 
At Wed Aug 17, 08:05:00 AM MDT, Blogger Xolo said...

I am sure you could sell/donate that montage to the Big Brother/Big Sister Program.

I also liked your last post and comment thread. You express yourself quite eloquently and I admire your ability to recognize talent even when viewpoints clash. If there were more people like you around, we would live in a better world.

 
At Wed Aug 17, 08:51:00 AM MDT, Blogger Beaver said...

That's a really nice collage.

(Soooooo cute !) I'll kid-sit any time!

Are all of these pics of your, er..., grandchildren ?

*chuckles*

U're sure young to be a gramps! I can see where you got your caring and wisdom though...

 
At Wed Aug 17, 09:30:00 AM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

Xolo,

I love your name. I've been ghosting at your site for many months now and only recently posted a comment on your site. I want you to know how nice it is to see a bright Latino doing well so far from home. I admire your accomplishment and your love for Sara. Your dog is the bomb too. I hope you get that extra teaching job.

Thanks for the props on the pics but only the second and third are mine. Those two kids are Jaja and my niece, Megan. Thank you also for the kind words.

The way I see it, when something is wrong we need to talk about it and when something is right we need to celebrate it. When we disagree, we argue the point and keep it from becoming personal. I know there are times when I have not followed that advice and such times have made me the lesser for it. To paraphrase St. Peter, what good does it do to win the argument and lose the soul?

I figure if we all move in the direction where we see what we have in common then, there just might be hope for our children and grandchildren. So, we keep working at it right? You bet.

Beav,

I was 21 when I became a daddy. I was 42 when I became, 'Papo.' My oldest sister says it was my grandson who made me 'grow up.' I'm not sure I agree with her though - Jaja sees me as his big, loopy friend. I really don’t think he sees me as a ‘grown-up.’ That suits me just fine. I adore him as much as I love my two children. They are kind, decent Human Beings and I thank Heaven every day for the honor of being a part of their lives. I agree with you; children are a font of wisdom.

Thanks for your comments people. It is an honor to have you all here.

J

 
At Sun Aug 21, 10:15:00 PM MDT, Blogger Lorena said...

what beautiful pictures and lyrics. how sweet :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger