http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Rise of Pseudo Fascism

The Rise of Pseudo Fascism was written in February of 2005 by freelance journalist, David Niewert. The Essay started out as an analysis of Robert O. Paxton's book The Anatomy of Fascism. It turned out to be an 71 page essay. It is available for reading as an Adobe pdf file. Actually the article is about 68 pages long because the first few pages are an explanation of how the article came about. The article is a scholarly work but is actually a very easy read. If you are interested in really understanding the dynamics of what I have posted in my last four entries, this is the article to read.

I understand the article is rather lengthy but once you have completed it, you will have as much understanding about the Neo-Conservative movement as any University-level student. Not a bad exchange for 70 pages of reading.

Unfortunately, Americans are accustomed to the quick sound-bites which never really offer an in-depth understanding of any given topic. Such delivery cannot possibly provide enough information for anyone to make an informed decision regarding something as threatening to our liberty and future as a nation.

I try to keep my posts short and if people are not inclined to read the Niewert
article then I will offer a synopsis if enough of you are interested. However, I strongly encourage anyone who loves freedom to read this landmark piece of work. It is informative and it nails down exactly what is happening. My fear is that visionaries and academics like David Niewert will soon be silenced by right-wing conservatives who are bent on manipulating the Constitution to control the unsuspecting masses. It is a good wake-up call.

6 Comments:

At Mon Aug 01, 04:07:00 PM MDT, Blogger Renee Wagemans said...

Thank you again

I will read the full essay.
while the door of access is still open. You are so right to say that maybe this door is soon to be closed ( Think back to the McCarthy-time)

We have not yet learned how to stop this before it stops us

Renee

 
At Tue Aug 02, 02:19:00 AM MDT, Blogger Salt Water said...

I "Next blog" often and don't find much on this subject. I've even searched Iroq blogs and most are just daily duties. Keep it up but memorize a few long poems you might remember for months in a bright cold cell. Nice site.

 
At Tue Aug 02, 02:23:00 AM MDT, Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

I downloaded the essay and read it. It took me a while, but I was determined. I am more pissed off then scare, but can I do? I know the truth, I see it ... I live it, but where does one begin? I have made copies of this essay for my friend, which is my way of passing the word. I used to be involved in my community, in the voting process and helping the youth and senior citizens. Now I am so busy raising my grandchildren I can't seem to find the time to do anything else.

Maybe I will start right here with them. I can teach them what they are not getting in school. Maybe this will help them in their lifetime, and at the same time give me some hope. After all, we are raising future politicians, doctors, lawyers, educators, etc.

Thank you so much Joe for posting this. I don't care for the news because I know they don't tell it like it is ... I have turned to the internet ... and ever there, I am careful who I trust. I am so glad I came across your site.

What is most amazing about these blogs are the young folks that I have came across. Some of them are so very wise. Especially the ones that I followed from comments they made here.

 
At Tue Aug 02, 11:40:00 AM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

P&W,

It is a long read but its well worth it. Let's hope that door closing can be avoided with knowledge and awareness. The article addresses it clearly and seems - at least to me - to offer a healthy dose of hope that it can be cut off at the knees.

The proto-fascist neo-conservative moment is inherently flawed by the hubris that these neo-cons are drunk with these days. The surest way to kick someone's butt is to let him believe that he is invincible.

There is a saying, I think it comes from the bible - Psalms? "Pride always cometh before the fall."

Saltwater,

I am not sure how to take your comment. It seems complimentary but the remark about memorizing a few long poems in preparation for time in a 'bright cold cell' is a disturbing thought. I am going to consider your remarks as support for now!

I did visit your blog and your images are interesting - I'd like to one day give a shot at that sea kayaking sport. It seems like fun, challenging and a good time to enjoy the solitude.

LP,

Maybe the best way for your friends to tackle that essay is in chunks like the sections are already set up. Make sure you grab a dictionary - it is something I always have available because some of the simplest words trip me up - I am always amazed to read a word that I thought I knew only to find out that it means something completely different. For example, I thought 'sojourn' meant a journey alone as in like a lonely traveler - it means temporary visitor. I like that definition even better than my own! So Sojourner Truth means a temporary visitation of truth - wow.

Be safe folks and thank you all for the comments
Joe

 
At Tue Aug 02, 12:24:00 PM MDT, Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Joe, ha ha ha ... of course I had to put down my Jane Austen novels ... as a matter of fact I had to live in the dictionary when I read the essay, and had to mark out some areas that confused me, so I could reread them. It was not an easy task. To be honest, it will take more than one reading to get the gist of it all.

Like Saltwater said, you don't find information like this on the web unless some kind soul points it out to you.

I know you know, that you are educating us in a way the school system never did. I for one thank you.

 
At Tue Aug 02, 12:25:00 PM MDT, Blogger Renee Wagemans said...

Hey Liquidplastic,
Don't feel sorry for taking care and raising grandchildren, remember the picture in the next post
"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"

and Joe there is a saying:
"It is darkest just before dawn", I think in the time to come we have to become strong in our waiting on the new era.

Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger