http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Into the Mystic

Into the Mystic
Van Morrison - Moondance

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
Yeah, when that fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don’t have to fear it and
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
Then magnificently we will float into the mystic

When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
Yeah, when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don’t have to fear it and
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will float into the mystic
Come on girl...

8 Comments:

At Thu Aug 11, 06:40:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beaver said...

I like the way you go from one register to another. Very poetic post. :)

 
At Thu Aug 11, 10:26:00 PM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

Thanks Beav,

That's for you and Amias - a couple of my guiding stars in the night sky.

J

 
At Thu Aug 11, 10:48:00 PM MDT, Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Ok J .. consider yourself adopted. You got another mother here .. and don't you forget it!

This is indeed beautiful. When I can't sleep .. I read my favorite blogs ... and I am never disapointed!

 
At Fri Aug 12, 08:58:00 AM MDT, Blogger Beaver said...

Thanks Joe :) It's so sweet to get a dedication :) Espescially on a depressed day like yesterday :)

 
At Fri Aug 12, 09:14:00 AM MDT, Blogger Alicia Morgan said...

I love that song...

 
At Fri Aug 12, 10:02:00 AM MDT, Blogger Sparhawk said...

Hi Joe, nice song and nice pictures of clouds. As you may know, I love photography and clouds are a dear subject for me to photograph. If you like to see some of them, take a look at Pintando con Luz

KInd regards,

Luis

 
At Fri Aug 12, 10:38:00 AM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

I think I am going to post more topics like this - I get more responses!

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Luis, I went to your site but it would not let me make any comments/

Your pictures are beautiful Luis - Have you considered marketing your work commercially?

J

 
At Fri Aug 12, 11:20:00 AM MDT, Blogger Sparhawk said...

"Luis, I went to your site but it would not let me make any comments/"

Joe, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Didn't know the comments were disabled. I fixed it now. I was updating the coding for my sites (I coded the whole darn thing in MovableType) and it appears that I screwed up something.

I've been encouraged to commercialize my photographs, yes. I may do it at some point. For now it is just a hobby, expensive one, but hobby nevertheless. Thanks for your words.

Luis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger