http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Prayer of St. Francis

St. Francis Church - Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico

Prayer of St. Francis


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
when there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.


2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 31, 08:03:00 PM MDT, Blogger M said...

I love this prayer! I used to say it every night and as part of my meditation routine. But **sigh** I haven't been doing that lately. I'd like to do it again soon :-)

Thanks J.

 
At Thu Aug 04, 06:23:00 AM MDT, Blogger iamnasra said...

It is really a touching prayer...I hope all of us can learn from it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger