http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Child Must Know ...

The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him.
Pablo Casals

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 11, 10:35:00 AM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J,
Looking at his picture is amazing to me because I can not believe how big he is.
sm

 
At Tue Jul 12, 08:24:00 AM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

sm,

Thank you. Jaja is growing up so quickly. He is a little chatterbox. I am amazed at the quality of his thought. I think what happens with kids is when they are tiny they see so many things and lack the ability to comment on them. That has to be the reason why they have so much to say and why they are so wise.

There's the novelty of their thought and the freshness of it coming from a new mind is absolutely staggering. Moreover, since they have experienced being incapable of articulating their thoughts, they definitely have something to say.

All I can say is how fortunate I feel listening to what he has to say because he is so brilliant. I think every child is a genius - it just happens that most people fail to see it and thus fail to reward the child for high caliber thinking by engaging in dialogue with them.

Dutch,

I agree, he is a beautiful kid and his mind is equally as beautiful as well. I so appreciate Pablo Casal’s quote. There is another one I was thinking of using that Pablo Picasso said. I’ll give it to you now.

"When I was a child, my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you will be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.”

Thanks for your comments
J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger