http://tequilaexpress.blogspot.com/ View Blog

A Voice in the Wilderness

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. -- William O. Douglas

Thursday, June 09, 2005

FBI screws the pooch - Result: 9/11 Terrorist Attack

Be Afraid - Be Very Afraid...

According to the Associated press, The Justice Department report just released indicates the FBI failed to act on five different opportunities to thwart the 9/11 Terrorist Attack. News released - 25 minutes ago

"The way the FBI handled these matters was a significant failure that hindered the FBI's chances of being able to detect and prevent the Sept. 11 attacks," Inspector General Glenn Fine said.

So how will we handle future problems?

Dubya asks Congress for extension of The Patriot Act.

Fear Tactics will soon be coming - anyone expect an orange alert any time soon? Keep an eye open for the upcoming pressure from the Whitehouse. President Bush wants to expand the Patriot Act's scope and make other parts permanent.

According to the Christian Science Monitor:


"Thursday, President Bush weighed in on the side of a beefed-up Patriot Act, including making permanent the 16 provisions set to expire at the end of the year and giving FBI agents new powers."

Reminder to self: Time to start looking for land in Costa Rica
Como se dice - Oh Sh*t - en Espanol?

Click on green highlighted areas for links to more information.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 09, 11:20:00 PM MDT, Blogger Lapierre Médias© said...

hi from canada
your blog is very interesting

 
At Thu Jun 09, 11:28:00 PM MDT, Blogger The Voice said...

Thanks benoit

Its pretty new [30 days today!) - I am learning a lot and trying to tighten up my writing skills - I am fascinated by it all - I never thought any one wold think much about my writing - I seem to get more interest from outside the US - I don't really know why - Perhaps with this new Patriot Act this blog and others that voice dissent will go by the wayside.

If you want to know a little more about me - check out my first post in the archives - I posted back-dated material that I had left as comments on other people's blogs to give people a feel for who I am.

How did you find me?

Thanks for dropping by!!
J. Abran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web 
Counter
PeoplePC Accelerated ISP Access

Powered by Blogger